Learn how to obtain a business license in Clayton
Contact Clayton City Clerk for more information about Clayton business licenses and fees. This will include the necessary ordinance or code as well as the form available in adobe reader.
- O.C.G.A. § 3-4-80 (2012) Liquor Tax Report Form
- O.C.G.A. § 50-36-1 (2012) Business License, Occupational Tax Certificate, Alcohol License, Taxi Permit
- O.C.G.A. § 48-13-53.2 (2012) Excise Tax On Rooms, Lodgings and Accomodations (Hotel, Motel Tax)
- O.C.G.A. § 48-13-53.2 (2012) Contractor Affidavit Verifies Compliance with E-Verify Requirements.
Please provide the following information as well as other documentation which may apply:
- Georgia Driver’s License
- Fire Marshal’s inspection sheet – Approval required for all businesses – See Marshal Scott Crane
- Food service permit from the Rabun County Heath Department (required of restraunts or if food prepared on site.)
- Department of Agriculture License – required of grocery stores, convenience stores etc.
- Sale Tax Number – Any questions should be directed to the Georgia Dept of Revenue.
- The US Internal Revenue Service issues an an Employer Identification Number [EIN] to any business that 1) has employees, 2) plans to establish itself as a corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship.
- Georgia State license/Certification – Certain professions are required to obtain licenses/certifications from the State; Examples – Plumbers, Electricians, Heating/Air conditions Contractors, Attorneys, Phsicians and Cosmetologists. Documentation of this certification must be presented.
- If you are participating in the Homeland Security E-Verify program and are willing to provide your E-Verify number to the City of Clayton it is subject to the Georgia Open Records Laws.
- Payment of the appropriate fee from the schedule below.
Please complete all pages of the application, submit to Clayton City Clerk, if application is complete your business/occupational Tax Certificate will be issued immediately if submitted in person or delivered by mail within seven (7) business days.
There will be a one-time Administrative Charge of $25.00 when applying for a license.