The Hometown Christmas Parade will be this Saturday starting at 5pm.
Please read the following items concerning street closures, parking, and participation, and plan accordingly to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable parade experience.
BEFORE THE PARADE STARTS
Anyone participating in the Parade, Please Enter Bo James Street on the Checkers Restaurant Side.
There will be some street closures earlier in the day starting with:
· Duvall/Stave Mill Street around 2pm.
· The bridge on Duvall Street in front of Duvall Ford will be closed at 2:30pm.
· Ramey Blvd will be closed to all traffic coming off Hwy 441 around 4:45pm.
· Hwy 76 West at the Main Street red light will be kept open until the very last minute to reduce congestion.
ONCE THE PARADE STARTS
All streets going into downtown will be closed and will remain closed to all traffic until the parade ends, which is usually between 6:00-6:30pm.
There is plenty of parking. This is a listing of just some of the places to park in town:
· On the street.
· In the Lot behind the Blue Moon Hotel and Attorney Slowen on N Church St. & Hiawassee.
· In the Courthouse parking lots, both upper and lower areas.
· In the Parking Lot behind U-Joint.
AFTER THE PARADE ENDS
Parents if you have a child participating in the parade, the pickup point will be on Ramey Blvd after the parade. There will be parade staff there to assist you.
We look forward to another great Christmas Parade in downtown.